The Council meets in public when deliberating or voting on legislative acts.
The Council's first deliberation on important non-legislative proposals are also public.
In addition, the Council regularly holds public debates on important issues affecting the interests of the Union and of its citizens.
The debate on the General Affairs Council's 18 month programme, as well as the priorities of the other Council's configurations, and the debate on the Commission's five-years programme, are public.
This page allows you to follow LIVE all Council sessions which are open to the public.
Note: For technical reasons, the information below is displayed in one language only. However, you can choose the language of your document by clicking on the agenda item and then on the language bar.
3247th meeting of the COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
(Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs)
Luxembourg, 20-21 June 2013
MEETING ON THURSDAY 20 JUNE 2013 (9:30)
EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL POLICY
MEETING ON FRIDAY 21 JUNE 2013 (10:00)
Any other business
Employment and Social Policy
- (a) Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on Public Employment Services (PES) and the functioning of the European Labour Market
Interinstitutional file 2013/0202 (COD)
– Presentation from the Commission
- (b) Legislative files and other issues
(i) Programme for Social Change and Innovation (PSCI);
(ii) Measures facilitating workers' rights for free movement
(iii) Directive amending 5 Health and Safety directives
(iv) Demographic Statistics Regulation
– Information from the Presidency on the state of play
- G20 Labour and Employment Ministers' meeting and joint meeting with Finance Ministers (Moscow, Russia, 18-19 July 2013)
– State of play on the preparation
- Conferences organised by the Irish Presidency
– Information from the Presidency
- (k) Work programme of the incoming Presidency
– Information from the Lithuanian delegation
Provisional agendas for Council meetings